The Board of Commissioners of the County of Wells (“the Commissioners”) will sell to the highest and best bidder on the following terms and conditions that portion of the real estate, commonly known as the Wells County Farm, which is located east of County Home Road, containing 16.93 acres, and which is more particularly described as follows, to-wit:
Part of the north half of the Southwest Quarter of Section 23, Township 26 North, Range 12 East, Harrison Township, Wells County, Indiana, described as follows: starting as the northwest corner of said Southwest Quarter found per record witness; thence easterly, 1978.00 feet along the north line of said Southwest Quarter to a mag nail in the centerline of County Home Road, which shall be the place of beginning; thence southerly, deflecting right 75 degrees 59 minutes 08 seconds, 109.00 feet along said centerline to a mag nail; thence southerly, deflecting right 04 degrees 47 minutes 13 seconds, 988.05 feet along said centerline and the east line of the 12.82 acre tract described in Deed Record 148, Page 889 to a mag nail at the southeast corner of said 12.82 acre tract; thence southerly, deflecting right 00 degrees 30 minutes 25 seconds, 259.37 feet along said centerline to a mag nail on the south line of the north half of said Southwest Quarter; thence easterly, deflecting left 81 degrees 23 minutes 16 seconds, 449.63 feet along said south line to a 5/8-inch rebar stake on the east line of said Southwest Quarter; thence northerly, with an enclosed angle of 89 degrees 43 minutes 07 seconds, 1336.58 feet to the northwest corner of said Southwest Quarter found per record witness; thence westerly, with an enclosed angle of 90 degrees 23 minutes 26 seconds, 663.92 feet along the north line of said Southwest Quarter to the place of beginning. Containing 16.93 acres more or less. Subject to: the right-of-way of County Road 350 South, County Home Road, a legal open drain known as the “Six Mile Creek” and rights-of-way and easements of record. All as shown by Stoody Associates, Professional Land Surveyors, on Plat of Survey Number W-15221.
1. Bids will be received, beginning on January 9, 2017, at the office of the Auditor of Wells County, Indiana, 102 West Market Street, Suite 205, Bluffton, Indiana 46714, whose office is located on the second floor of the Wells County Courthouse, 102 West Market Street, in Bluffton, Indiana.
2. The minimum bid determined be the Commissioners is Seventy-Two Thousand Dollars ($72,000.00).
3. The sale will continue from day to day until Monday, February 6, 2017.
4. The sale will take place on Monday, February 6, 2017, commencing at 10:30 a.m. in the lower level Meeting Room at the Wells County Courthouse Annex, 223 West Washington Street, Bluffton, Indiana 46714, by written bids.
5. Bidders or their authorized representatives must be present.
6. The Commissioners will open the bids and announce and put into writing the highest bidder’s bid. A bid must be open to public inspection. A bidder may raise the bidder’s bid, and that raise takes effect after the Commissioners have given written notice of that raise to the other bidders. The bidding shall continue in writing until such time as a bidder’s bid is accepted by Commissioners.
7. The Commissioners reserve the right to refuse all bids.
8. The sale is subject to the approval of the Wells County Council.
9. A survey and title insurance will be provided and application for sell-off permission will be filed with by the Wells County Area Plan Commission.
10. Ten percent (10%) of the winning bid price must be paid by the winning bidder at the time the bidding is closed.
11. The property may not be sold or transferred to a person who is ineligible under IC 36-1-11-16.
12. If a bid is submitted by a trust as defined in IC 30-4-1-4(a), the bidder must identify (a) each beneficiary of the trust, and (b) each settlor empowered to revoke or modify the trust.
13. The property will be sold in an “as is” condition.
Dated at Bluffton, Indiana, December 19, 2016.
THE BOARD OF
COMMISSIONERS OF THE
COUNTY OF WELLS:
Blake Gerber, President
Kevin S. Woodward,
Beth Davis, Auditor
oj, nb 12/22, 12/29